How I knew The Boy and I would get along.
- Me: OK, so you decided you wanna try Sabre, huh?
- The Boy: Yea! It seems so much better than Foil! It's faster.
- Me: Well, there's more to it than that...but, yes, it's faster. Let's get you warmed up.
- [warm up drills and then footwork]
- Me: OK, you're doing pretty darn good so far, but you're a little heavy on your feet.
- The Boy: Huh?
- Me: It's fine, this is your first Sabre lesson. But, since Sabre is faster than Foil, you're going to want to be light on your feet.
- The Boy: LIKE A FAIRY PRINCESS?!?!?!?!!? COOL!!!!